Friday, February 6, 2009

Movie Journal: Blood Diamond

Now here is a movie I did not expect to enjoy nearly as much as I did. Elegant, intense, and interesting; I couldn't take my eyes off it. Though the movie is long it wastes no time diving into a very early and impacting action scene. The film is clearly action oriented, and yet at the same time Leonardo DeCaprio's exchanges with Jennifer Connolly were so deep, intriguing, and well-written I couldn't help but be reminded of the dialogue-oriented films of the 1950's. Not to mention the plot itself, which is so professionally constructed that there was never a dull moment. One part Goldeneye and another part Schindler's List, Blood Diamond is, all things considered, certainly one of my very favorite action films.

8 out of 10

No comments: