Saturday, June 20, 2009

Movie Journal: Kiss Of The Dragon

What can I say? I mean, don't get me wrong. It's a good movie. It's got awesome action and some impressive actors. But let me say that it's really no wonder that Jet Li wants to quit with martial arts films. Shallow plot + badly cast leading lady + complete lack of a controlling idea = a movie I don't really want to see again any time soon. Not only that, but it's certainly not going to stick in my mind for very long. I just watched it an hour ago and I can already feel it fading, if you know what I mean.

And yeah, I know that Luc Besson directed it. But if you're looking for some real Luc Besson awesomeness, just see District B13; it's about five times better. Or at least four times. Anyway, it's cool.

6 out of 10

No comments: